Posted to user@commons.apache.org by bhamilton <bh...@allrelated.name> on 2009/03/03 17:05:04 UTC

Common Net 1.4.1

I'm using Common Net 1.4.1, the FTPClient listFiles() method to an array
of FTPFile objects.  The Calendar object, within the FTPFile object, has
a TimeZone of GMT.  One question is how is that determined?  On the
client machine, the default TimeZone is 'America/New_York'.

The dates returned in the Calendar are not consistent.  When the process
ran at 6:02 this morning, a certain file had a date time of 20080303
06:05:00.  When the process ran 5 minutes later, at 6:07am, the same
file had a date and time of 20090303 06:05:00.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Brenda Hamilton

Re: Common Net 1.4.1

Posted by Rory Winston <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brenda

Sorry I missed your posting initially. It should be possible to tell
FTPClient the server time zone, if it cant figure it out: this may do
what you want.

Have a look at the FTPClientConfig class (this is 2.0 javadoc, but this
hasnt changed since 1.4, IIRC):

http://commons.apache.org/net/apidocs/org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTPClientConfig.html

Let me know if this works
Rory