Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@meridiancu.ca> on 2005/05/25 14:57:43 UTC

Dumb question - splitting lines in .cf files

Forgive my ignorance, but I cannot for the life of me figure out if I
can split long lines in a rules file.  I'm trying to make some meta
rules that will include some really long lines if I cannot split them.
Anyone?

Thanks!

Re: Dumb question - splitting lines in .cf files

Posted by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@meridiancu.ca>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote:

>On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:07:06AM -0400, Kevin Peuhkurinen wrote:
>

>>Thanks for clearing that up Theo.   Is it worth my while to file a
>>feature request in bugzilla?
>>

>I can't think of a reason why it couldn't be supported, but I also don't think
>it'll be a high priority to do it unless someone also provides a patch...  ;)

Okay!  I'll see what I can whip up over lunch!   Where's that Perl for
Dummies book...

Re: Dumb question - splitting lines in .cf files

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Any member introducing a dog into the Society's premises shall be

Re: Dumb question - splitting lines in .cf files

Posted by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@meridiancu.ca>.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 08:57:43AM -0400, Kevin Peuhkurinen wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but I cannot for the life of me figure out if I
> can split long lines in a rules file.  I'm trying to make some meta
> rules that will include some really long lines if I cannot split them.
> Anyone?

No, there's no support for that.  Sorry.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Trespassers will be shot.  Survivors will be prosecuted.