Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Irv Salisbury <ir...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/05 22:37:18 UTC

Running cocoon as a war archive

I have always run cocoon as an expanded war directory.  Our current
customer is requesting we run as a war file.  Are there any resources
or problems people have found with this strategy?

Thanks,

Irv

Re: Running cocoon as a war archive

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> I would say, yes, this would normally belong in
> users@cocoon.apache.org.  However, having been around the cocoon lists
> for over 2 years now and my last 8 or 9 posts not getting answered on
> the users list, I tend to pose the "hard" questions to dev.

<snip/>

...that sounds alright to me - don't worry *too* much ;)

Why don't you try to zip it up and give that a try?

You might get some errors on startup you will
need to resolve. ...but that should be pretty
straight forward.

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: Running cocoon as a war archive

Posted by Irv Salisbury <ir...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your comments.

I would say, yes, this would normally belong in
users@cocoon.apache.org.  However, having been around the cocoon lists
for over 2 years now and my last 8 or 9 posts not getting answered on
the users list, I tend to pose the "hard" questions to dev.  (Yes I
view this as hard) Sorry if I have offended anyone.  I really wanted
the developers insight into the technical hurdles of doing this.  As
you might have seen from my weblogic posts (which went unanswered on
the users list), the dev list has a different take on things.  I
understand these are busy lists, and that also means there are
developers who do not answer on the users list.  This is a critical
time for this project and cocoon's place in it.  I would really like
it to work.

Once again, sorry.  I will pose the list to the users next time.  I
still welcome any and all thoughts on running cocoon as a war archive
versus as an expanded web directory.

Irv

Posted by Andrew Franz <af...@optushome.com.au>.