Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Willard, Jonathan" <Jo...@ca.com> on 2007/07/24 15:16:54 UTC

Cannot find Service, How do I fix?

Hi all,

I have copied the PoJo Weather Sample into my own directory and build it
with ant.  I modified the service so that my package is
server.WeatherService and client.WeatherService and the build structure
is located in my Eclipse workspace area.  I have attempted to modify the
services.xml file so it is correct.

Ant appears to have built it successfully and I copied
buld/WeatherService to my webapps/axis2/WEB_INF/services as instructed
in the quick start guide.

I also noticed that the ant build seemed to create a directory under my
eclipse area like this:

Repository

-- services

   -- WeatherService.aar

I believe I need to copy that .aar into my tomcat area somewhere ... can
anyone advise?

When I try to query the service via the web admin page I get:

Faulty Services
c:\install\tomcat\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\services\WeatherService
by: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The following error
occurred during schema generation: server.WeatherService at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.S
erviceBuilder.populateService(ServiceBuilder.java:350) ... 39 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: server.WeatherService at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200) at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319) at
java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at
java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247) at
org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSchemaGenerator.(DefaultSc
hemaGenerator.java:114) at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.fillAxisService(Utils.java:305)
at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService(ServiceBuilde
r.java:343) ... 39 more

Thanks,

Jon

Re: Cannot find Service, How do I fix?

Posted by Frank Knoll <fr...@daasi.de>.
Hi Jonathan,

>I also noticed that the ant build seemed to create a directory under my
>eclipse area like this:
>
>Repository
>|
>-- services
>   -- WeatherService.aar
>
>I believe I need to copy that .aar into my tomcat area somewhere ... can
>anyone advise?

I always copy the aar file to
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/services/ where $CATALINA_HOME
points to the tomcat installation.

Cheers, Frank