Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Anthony Smith <an...@fedex.com> on 2005/05/31 15:17:50 UTC

(MaxBackupIndex) Adding the date as part of the file name.

I want my MaxBackupIndex to be unlimited. I read something about how it
can take a long time rename all the files once with new indexes if you
make the value too large. But since my filenames will have the date
included, this would not be an issue correct? So is there a way to make
it unlimited or what is the largest number that I can use?