Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tony Graham <tg...@mentea.net> on 2014/03/01 16:03:23 UTC

Running FOP as extension function in XSLT processor

FYI, the Print and Page Layout Community Group @ W3C [1], as part of a
focus on getting more feedback in XSL-FO processing, has developed
extension functions for Xalan, Saxon 9.5, and the DotNet XSLT processors
for running FOP and getting back an area tree [3].

The wiki page at https://www.w3.org/community/ppl/wiki/XSLTExtensions
shows some examples of why you'd use such an extension.

The extension functions are available under the open source W3C license
(as you might expect).

The code is available from the CG's Hg repository [2], and a (fairly)
up-to-date copy of the source can be downloaded from the wiki page.

Any comments on or improvements to the code would be welcome.  E.g., the
extension function for running Antenna House on DotNet has an optional
parameter for a config file, but we don't have that for FOP with any of
the XSLT processors.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                         tgraham@mentea.net
Consultant                                       http://www.mentea.net
Chair, Print and Page Layout Community Group @ W3C    XML Guild member
  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --
Mentea       XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/ppl/
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ppl
[3] As well as for running Antenna House, but that's likely to be of less
interest to people here.

Re: Running FOP as extension function in XSLT processor

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
We had to add ACLs to protect from wiki spam. I have added JasonHarrop
to the contributors list. You should be able to edit the page now.

Posted by Jason Harrop <jh...@gmail.com>.