Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Schlesinger, Philip" <PS...@mtcsc.com> on 2010/08/25 03:59:11 UTC

Cannot monitor QPID queue over HermesJMS

Hi there,

I'm trying to monitor QPID 0.6 with HermesJMS 1.13 (as I can't find the qpidmc eclipse plugin nor, for MC4J, the directory blaze/java/management/mc4j as specified in the online instructions).

I thus fell back to JConsole, where I see:

org.apache.qpid

- VirtualHost.Queue

-- localhost

--- qpidInbound

When I configure HermesJMS, I followed the published wiki instructions listed here: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/hermesjms.html but using different jars as I noted in my Jira post here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2823 as the instructions referred to jars that didn't come with QPID 0.6.

Here's the rub:

In HermesJMS, I tried adding the queue "qpidInbound" with username / password "guest" / "guest", but HermesJMS reported it was unable to connect.

I then tried the queue "localhost.qpidInbound" with username / password "guest" / "guest".  No error thrown this time, but it is NOT accessing the JConsole-listed queue "qpidInbound".  Instead, it creates a new queue called "localhost.qpidInbound", which shows up as a completely separate queue in JConsole:

org.apache.qpid

- VirtualHost.Queue

-- localhost

--- qpidInbound <<< this is the queue that I want to manage in HermesJMS

--- localhost.qpidInbound <<<< this is the HermesJMS-generated queue

Help????

Re: Cannot monitor QPID queue over HermesJMS

Posted by "Sorin S." <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi Philip,
I can connect to the qpid broker and browse the queue following the
documentation on the site - my HermesJMS config is rendered below. I
used the trunk version but this can be done with 0.6 as well.

Let me know if any issues,

Cheers,

Sorin

<config auditDirectory="/home/user/Apps/HermesJMS-1.13/bin"
autoBrowseRefreshRate="10" base64EncodeMessages="false"
copyJMSCorrelationID="false" copyJMSExpiration="false"
copyJMSPriority="false" copyJMSProviderProperties="false"
copyJMSReplyTo="false" copyJMSType="false"
correctDropSemantics="false" displayFactoryAdmin="true"
enableJython="true" lastEditedByHermesVersion="v1.13"
lastEditedByUser="user"
lookAndFeel="javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel"
maxColumnsInStatisticsTable="10" maxMessagesInBrowserPane="1000"
maxThreadPoolSize="5"
messageFilesDir="/home/user/Apps/HermesJMS-1.13/bin/./messages"
queueBrowseConsumerTimeout="0" scrollMessagesDuringBrowse="true"
selectorImpl="hermes.selector.JAMSELMessageSelectorFactory">
    <classpathGroup id="Qpid">
        <library
jar="/home/user/qpid-client/qpid-client-0.7/commons-collections-3.2.jar"
noFactories="true"/>
        <library
jar="/home/user/qpid-client/qpid-client-0.7/commons-lang-2.2.jar"
noFactories="true"/>
        <library
jar="/home/user/qpid-client/qpid-client-0.7/geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.0.jar"
noFactories="true"/>
        <library
jar="/home/user/qpid-client/qpid-client-0.7/mina-core-1.0.1.jar"
noFactories="true"/>
        <library
jar="/home/user/qpid-client/qpid-client-0.7/mina-filter-ssl-1.0.1.jar"
noFactories="true"/>
        <library
factories="org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory"
jar="/home/user/qpid-client/qpid-client-0.7/qpid-client-0.7.jar"
noFactories="false"/>
        <library
jar="/home/user/qpid-client/qpid-client-0.7/qpid-common-0.7.jar"
noFactories="true"/>
    </classpathGroup>
    <renderer className="hermes.renderers.DefaultMessageRenderer">
        <properties>
            <property name="bytesIsString" value="false"/>
            <property name="bytesIsObject" value="false"/>
            <property name="active" value="true"/>
            <property name="messageCache" value="100"/>
            <property name="bytesIsObjectBufferSize" value="65536"/>
            <property name="toStringOnObjectMessage" value="false"/>
        </properties>
    </renderer>
    <renderer className="hermes.renderers.DefaultMessageHeaderRenderer">
        <properties>
            <property name="active" value="true"/>
        </properties>
    </renderer>
    <renderer className="hermes.renderers.ToStringMessageRenderer">
        <properties>
            <property name="active" value="true"/>
        </properties>
    </renderer>
    <renderer className="hermes.renderers.HexMessageRenderer">
        <properties>
            <property name="active" value="true"/>
        </properties>
    </renderer>
    <renderer className="hermes.renderers.XMLMessageRenderer">
        <properties>
            <property name="active" value="true"/>
        </properties>
    </renderer>
    <renderer className="hermes.renderers.fix.FIXMessageRenderer">
        <properties>
            <property name="displayValueWithEnum" value="true"/>
            <property name="active" value="true"/>
            <property name="messageCache" value="100"/>
            <property name="displayHeaderAndTrailer" value="true"/>
        </properties>
    </renderer>
    <factory classpathId="System">
        <provider className="hermes.providers.file.FileConnectionFactory">
            <properties>
                <property name="baseDirectory" value=""/>
            </properties>
        </provider>
        <connection clientID="" connectionPerThread="false">
            <session audit="false" id="Files" reconnects="0"
useConsumerForQueueBrowse="false"/>
        </connection>
        <extension className="hermes.ext.DefaultHermesAdminFactory">
            <properties/>
        </extension>
    </factory>
    <factory classpathId="Qpid">
        <provider className="org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory">
            <properties>
                <property name="host" value="localhost"/>
                <property name="port" value="5672"/>
                <property name="virtualPath" value="/"/>
            </properties>
        </provider>
        <connection clientID="" connectionPerThread="false">
            <session audit="false" id="Qpid" reconnects="0"
transacted="true" useConsumerForQueueBrowse="true"/>
        </connection>
        <destination domain="1" durable="false"
name="example.RequestQueue" password="admin" username="admin"/>
        <extension className="hermes.ext.DefaultHermesAdminFactory">
            <properties/>
        </extension>
    </factory>
    <factory classpathId="System">
        <provider className="hermes.NullConnectionFactory">
            <properties/>
        </provider>
        <connection>
            <session id="&lt;new&gt;" reconnects="0" transacted="true"/>
        </connection>
        <extension className="hermes.ext.DefaultHermesAdminFactory">
            <properties/>
        </extension>
    </factory>
    <quickFIX cacheSize="1024" filterSessionMsgTypes="false"/>
</config>

-

From: "Schlesinger, Philip" <PS...@mtcsc.com>
Date: 26 August 2010 17:45:20 GMT+01:00
To: "users@qpid.apache.org" <us...@qpid.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Cannot monitor QPID queue over HermesJMS

Per Colin, the site admin for HermesJMS:

"I've not tried QPID for ages so sorry can't help right now - have you
also tried the QPID mailing list?"

*sigh*

Sincerely,

Philip Schlesinger