Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2024/02/04 20:42:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.7

The key differences of version 2.0.7 compared to 2.0.6 are:

- Align default pass phrase prompt with httpd on Windows
- The windows binaries in this release have been built with OpenSSL
   3.0.13 and APR 1.7.4

The 2.0.x branch is primarily intended for use with Tomcat 10.1.x
onwards but can be used with earlier versions as long as the APR/native
connector is not used.

The proposed release artifacts can be found at [1],
and the build was done using tag [2].

The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.7 release is
  [ ] Stable, go ahead and release
  [ ] Broken because of ...

Thanks,

Mark

[1]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/2.0.7
[2]
https://github.com/apache/tomcat-native/commit/feefd3b9cf9dc60063860c173c6d027125bac843

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.7

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Feb 4, 2024 at 9:42 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> The key differences of version 2.0.7 compared to 2.0.6 are:
>
> - Align default pass phrase prompt with httpd on Windows
> - The windows binaries in this release have been built with OpenSSL
>    3.0.13 and APR 1.7.4
>
> The 2.0.x branch is primarily intended for use with Tomcat 10.1.x
> onwards but can be used with earlier versions as long as the APR/native
> connector is not used.
>
> The proposed release artifacts can be found at [1],
> and the build was done using tag [2].
>
> The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.7 release is
>   [X] Stable, go ahead and release
>   [ ] Broken because of ...

Rémy

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.7

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 08/02/2024 11:43, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The source is OK but the convenience binary needs to be re-packaged. I
> think the DLL name changed which meant the correct files weren't picked up.
>
> Since we aren't changing the source or the tag, I don't think we need a
> new release but I'll confirm that once I figure out exactly where things
> went wrong.

Confirmed. Just the binaries and it was caused by the file name change
so the copy and pasted commands didn't pick up the dll or symbol files.

I still have the build directory I used for the release so I have
uploaded new convenience binaries that include the dll and symbol files
from the original release build.

Mark

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.7

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

Thanks for RMing.

On 2/4/24 15:42, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The key differences of version 2.0.7 compared to 2.0.6 are:
>
> - Align default pass phrase prompt with httpd on Windows
> - The windows binaries in this release have been built with OpenSSL
>    3.0.13 and APR 1.7.4
>
> The 2.0.x branch is primarily intended for use with Tomcat 10.1.x
> onwards but can be used with earlier versions as long as the APR/native
> connector is not used.
>
> The proposed release artifacts can be found at [1],
> and the build was done using tag [2].
>
> The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.7 release is
>   [ ] Stable, go ahead and release
>   [ ] Broken because of ...

+1 for stable release.

Builds with (expected) deprecation warnings on MacOS x86-64 with clang
12.0.5, APR 1.7.4, and OpenSSL 3.2.0.

Unit tests for 10.1.x trunk pass in this configuration and environment.

-chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.7

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/02/2024 20:42, Mark Thomas wrote:

> The Apache Tomcat Native 2.0.7 release is
>   [X] Stable, go ahead and release
>   [ ] Broken because of ...

Tests pass with 11.0.x on Linux and Windows.

Mark