Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Ian Springer <ip...@apache.org> on 2005/06/13 21:32:19 UTC

[Sandesha] portability to SOAP platforms other than Axis

Hi,

First off, congrats on your recent release and successful interops!

HP may have a need for a WSRM implementation at some point in the
future, but we would have the requirement of being able to deploy it to
other SOAP platforms besides Axis 1.x (e.g. WebLogic Server, WebSphere
App Server, or Systinet Server). How portable is Sandesha currently? Is
it a set of generic JAX-RPC handlers and non-Axis-specific types, or is
it closely tied to various Axis APIs? If it's not currently portable,
how much work would be involved in making it so?

Thanks!
Ian

RE: [Sandesha] portability to SOAP platforms other than Axis

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Ian,

We are really happy to here that HP is interested in Sandesha :)

Currently our architecture depends on Axis. The handlers and providers we
use are JAXRPC handlers but Sandesha depends on addressing implementation
and the SOAP processing APIs provided by axis.

According to my idea, we will have to do some work to port Sandesha to other
SOAP platforms.

We would like to help you guys if you are doing it. Please let us know.

Thanks,

Jaliya