Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/24 14:30:41 UTC

Preparing for 3.6.2 release ?

Hi,
we have committed a few fixes on 3.6.2 release branch, in particular
bugfixes and fixes for regressions

This is the list:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ZOOKEEPER%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.6.2

I would like to start doing the necessary housekeeping before the release
and I volunteer as release manager.

I no one objects this is my proposal:
- check all pending PRs, to see if there is something good (ready and
valuable) for 3.6.2
- clean up JIRA, move to next version issues that someone marked for 3.6.2
but no one has worked on them
- cut a release candidate at the end of next week

So if you have marked some issue for inclusion on 3.6.2 please let me know,
otherwise I will move each item to 3.6.3
I would love to remove fixVersion at all, because if no one is working on
an issue and the issue is not worth to be on top o the list, it is only
noise, but this is a separate topic.

Best regards
Enrico

Re: Preparing for 3.6.2 release ?

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for late reply
@Mate ZOOKEEPER-3905 is in.

I am running a few smoke tests on branch-3.6, I have also cleaned up JIRA

There is only this task about updating the CI reference in pom.xml
Christopher alredy sent a PR, but now Jenkins link changed
I think it is not a blocker for the release.

I have sent a new PR
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1440
please anyone with write access help me commit that trivial patch to
master, branch-3.6 and branch-3.5

Enrico

Enrico

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.