Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2010/04/30 14:46:00 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Aries (Incubating) v0.1 release candidate #3

I've staged the third release candidate for Aries (Incubating) v0.1.
The following Aries top level modules are staged and tagged in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/tags/ at revision
939636.

Modules staged at

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-009/

which are unchanged from RC2 are:

parent
eba-maven-plugin
testsupport
util
blueprint
jndi
transaction
web
application
jmx

Modules staged at

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-036/

are

jpa
samples

The RAT and IANAL bulid checks passed.

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: [VOTE] Apache Aries (Incubating) v0.1 release candidate #3

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Apache Aries (Incubating) v0.1 release candidate #3

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again Jeremy!

+1

Joe

--
Joe

[CANCELLED][VOTE] Apache Aries (Incubating) v0.1 release candidate #3

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jeremy. Nearly there, I think. Thanks for all this work.

Many ASF projects have a convention of updating the subject with a [CANCELLED] or [RESULTS] in the subject when closing a vote. Makes it slightly easier when scanning the mailing list, without having to break open emails...

--kevan

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
On 4 May 2010 09:59, Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2 May 2010 01:40, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry, still not correct... Here's my -1.
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/tags/jpa-0.1-incubating/LICENSE only contains the CDDL license. It must contain the dual license. I see a LICENSE and NOTICE file here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/tags/jpa-0.1-incubating/jpa/ which look correct. However, those license/notice files aren't really needed (or are in the wrong place). You can keep them, if you want, but the governing license/notice files need to be in the root directory of the release (i.e. https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/tags/jpa-0.1-incubating/).
>
> It looks like something odd happened when I cut this RC. I neglected
> to delete the tag for RC2 so maven-release-plugin seems to have tagged
> the RC3 and put it as a subdir under jpa-0.1-incubating. This explains
> why the LICENSE is right under there, but not at the
> jpa-0.1-incubating level.
>

>> Also, org.apache.aries.jpa.container-0.1-incubating.jar only contains the CDDL license. It needs to contain the dual license. The NOTICE file looks correct.
>
> I thought I had fixed this as well and checked it! Clearly not. Thanks
> for checking.

It seems both are a consequence of me not deleting the
jpa-0.1-incubating tag before running the release process. The
release:prepare which creates the tag actually put jpa under the
existing jpa-0.1-incubating tag. Something I just learned about the
release:perform goal is that instead of deploying the artifacts
created at the release:prepare step, it checks out the tag, builds
that and deploys those artifacts. So because the release:prepare
tagging step went wrong, the release:perform built the old code from
RC2. That'll teach me to only check the artifacts on my local disk and
not the eventual ones pushed to the repo.

>> --kevan
>>
>> On Apr 30, 2010, at 8:46 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:
>>
>>> I've staged the third release candidate for Aries (Incubating) v0.1.
>>> The following Aries top level modules are staged and tagged in
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/tags/ at revision
>>> 939636.
>>>
>>> Modules staged at
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-009/