Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/06 17:21:47 UTC

Should @OneWay methods be executed asynchronusly when called directly from a client?

Should @OneWay methods be executed asynchronously when called directly from
a client?

For example, using the SupplyChain sample if the J2SE client did a locate on
the CustomerComponent and then called its notifyShipment method which has
the @OneWay annotation then should that call be invoked asynchronously? That
doesn't happen right now as the NonBlockingBridgingInterceptor doesn get
invoked. Is that a bug or the expected behaviour?

   ...ant

Re: Should @OneWay methods be executed asynchronusly when called directly from a client?

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
The spec just says that implementations "may" do this.  So the current
behaviour isn't a bug, but we're free to change this if we want to.
If it's easy to implement, I'd say that we should do it, but we need
to think carefully about whether it's a good idea to make this change
just before we cut the M2 release.

   Simon

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Oct 6, 2006, at 8:21 AM, ant elder wrote:

> Should @OneWay methods be executed asynchronously when called
> directly from
> a client?
>
> For example, using the SupplyChain sample if the J2SE client did a
> locate on
> the CustomerComponent and then called its notifyShipment method
> which has
> the @OneWay annotation then should that call be invoked
> asynchronously? That
> doesn't happen right now as the NonBlockingBridgingInterceptor
> doesn get
> invoked. Is that a bug or the expected behaviour?
It's unimplemented behavior specified by the spec.

Jim
.