Posted to user@shale.apache.org by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/13 21:53:09 UTC

Shale and Facelet framework

I have a question about Shale and Facelet framework.

I understand they are both JSF extension framework. But are they
competing framework?
Or do they overlap in functionality?

Thank you.

Re: Shale and Facelet framework

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
facelet's is a viewlayer and templating

shale has clay, which is sorta overlap thing.
the templating is similar like Tiles, but tiles is kinda old school
and facelet's is pure jsf.

I use shale (viewcontroller and remote) and the viewcontroller works
pretty much fine within a facelets page.

so shale is fine w/ faclets.
has benefits like "controller" and templating/viewlayer

HTH,

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh