Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan McCain <Ry...@dss.state.la.us> on 2004/07/16 18:15:58 UTC

Tomcat and PHP

I have PHP 3.x and Tomcat 4.x installed on a SLES box.  What do I need
to configure in Tomcat so that it knows what to do w/ .php files?
Tomcat is acting as the webserver and not apache.

thanks,
ryan

--------------------------------------

Ryan McCain
Northrop Grumman
Linux System Administrator 3
email: Ryan.McCain@dss.state.la.us
Phone: 225.219.0556
Fax: 225.219.0540

Re: Tomcat and PHP

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=108481556529975&w=2

-Tim

RE: Tomcat and PHP

Posted by Patrick Willart <pa...@aptitudexchange.com>.
The WIKI page is nice and all, but is geared for compiling PHP yourself.

What I would like to know is how to set it up using a binary distribution.

I've tried fiddling around a little, and did get it to work, but it would
crash on me after every page request. It did get the PHP out put though....

grts,

Patrick

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 11:15:58AM -0500, Ryan McCain wrote:
: I have PHP 3.x and Tomcat 4.x installed on a SLES box.  What do I need
: to configure in Tomcat so that it knows what to do w/ .php files?
: Tomcat is acting as the webserver and not apache.

These instructions imply PHP v4:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tomcat/UsingPhp
[1]

but it's worth a shot, as a quick glance didn't reveal anything
PHP4-specific.

-QM

[1] aka
"http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Aapache.org+tomcat+php&