Posted to users@sling.apache.org by olimination <ol...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/23 12:14:42 UTC

[Sling IDE Tooling] - How to build/deploy Sling projects created with the Eclipse Sling Tooling with Maven?

Hi,

I have checked the Eclipse Sling Tooling
(https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/ide-tooling.html)
and it looks great, thanks for that!

How can I build/deploy such Sling projects which have been created via
the Eclipse Sling Tooling with Maven afterwards without using Eclipse?

Because as far as I know we have the possibility with the Manifest
header "Sling-Initial-Content" to upload such content and with the Maven
content-package-maven-plugin from Adobe, but this uses as far as I know
the CRX HTTP service interface which is not available in pure Sling
installations.

I assume currently that if you have created such a Sling project via the
Eclipse Sling Tooling, you need then somehow to re-package/re-structure
your project files so that you then can build a bundle with the
"Sling-Initial-Content" manifest headers so that this Sling project can
be deployed via Maven without using Eclipse.

If you are using AEM then this is not an issue because you can use the
content-package-maven-plugin.

Hope my question is more or less clear :)

Thanks for your help!
Oli

Re: [Sling IDE Tooling] - How to build/deploy Sling projects created with the Eclipse Sling Tooling with Maven?

Posted by Sarwar Bhuiyan <sa...@gmail.com>.
I tried this ages ago. Example here:

https://chanchal.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/how-to-developdeploy-cq5-code-using-an-osgi-bundle/

This uses the Sling-Initial-Content mechanism as you suspected and uses the
maven-sling-plugin to deploy it although you can post the jar yourself to
the felix url.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Sarwar

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Oli,

On Wed, 2016-03-23 at 12:14 +0100, olimination wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have checked the Eclipse Sling Tooling
> (https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/ide-tooling.html)
> and it looks great, thanks for that!
>
> How can I build/deploy such Sling projects which have been created
> via
> the Eclipse Sling Tooling with Maven afterwards without using
> Eclipse?
>
> Because as far as I know we have the possibility with the Manifest
> header "Sling-Initial-Content" to upload such content and with the
> Maven
> content-package-maven-plugin from Adobe, but this uses as far as I
> know
> the CRX HTTP service interface which is not available in pure Sling
> installations.
>
> I assume currently that if you have created such a Sling project via
> the
> Eclipse Sling Tooling, you need then somehow to re-package/re-
> structure
> your project files so that you then can build a bundle with the
> "Sling-Initial-Content" manifest headers so that this Sling project
> can
> be deployed via Maven without using Eclipse.
>
> If you are using AEM then this is not an issue because you can use
> the
> content-package-maven-plugin.

If you're talking about content projects, as opposed to bundles, there
is currently no way to deploy them outside of Eclipse to a pure Sling
installation.

Robert