Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vijayendra bhati <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2016/04/29 13:47:45 UTC

Issue with Java 8 datatype LocalDate while using IgniteRDD

Hi Guys,
I am trying to store a object which contains object of type LocalDate datatype of Java8 time's APII am facing issues over it while working with IgniteRDDLooks like LocalDate is not handle in IgniteRDD and may be in Spark as well
Anybody can help here ?
Regards,Vij

Re: Issue with Java 8 datatype LocalDate while using IgniteRDD

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vij,

Looks like the issue was reproduced, but it's a bit more complicated and the
reason is not clear yet. Here is the ticket for this:

-Val

Re: Issue with Java 8 datatype LocalDate while using IgniteRDD

Posted by vijayendra bhati <ve...@yahoo.com>.
IgniteRDD makes the value of type struct instead of LocalDate and hence below exception comes -
Caused by: scala.MatchError: 2016-03-17 (of class java.time.LocalDate) at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.CatalystTypeConverters$StructConverter.toCatalystImpl(CatalystTypeConverters.scala:255) at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.CatalystTypeConverters$StructConverter.toCatalystImpl(CatalystTypeConverters.scala:250) at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.CatalystTypeConverters$CatalystTypeConverter.toCatalyst(CatalystTypeConverters.scala:102) at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.CatalystTypeConverters$StructConverter.toCatalystImpl(CatalystTypeConverters.scala:260) at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.CatalystTypeConverters$StructConverter.toCatalystImpl(CatalystTypeConverters.scala:250) at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.CatalystTypeConverters$CatalystTypeConverter.toCatalyst(CatalystTypeConverters.scala:102) at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.CatalystTypeConverters$$anonfun$createToCatalystConverter$2.apply(CatalystTypeConverters.scala:401)

Looks like in IgniteRDD.scala new type needs to be added in method -
private def dataType(typeName: String): DataType

Regards,Vij

    On Friday, April 29, 2016 5:26 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> wrote:

 Hi Vij,
Do you see any exception or some other kind of error? Please provide more error description.
Vladimir.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Vij,