Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/22 03:36:05 UTC

JMeter Connection Reset- With High load

Hi,

We are using JMeter 2.2 to load test uPortal 2.5.1.

We got CAS server+ two uPortal instances with apache and tomcat+also got
front Load balancer with SSL accelarators. which is a seperate machine sits
in front.

We are running three JMeter machines against the load balancer which is the
front machine. The test covers from CAS login to the uPortal Logout.

Everything works allright with the normal load.

When we run the JMeter with Higher load it gives the following exception.
Can somebody point it out any suspectable areas which we should look into.
What causes this following exception to happen? Any JMeter property setting
which needs to be done?

Method)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$6.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1202)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnection.java:1196)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:885)
        at
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:367)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionOldImpl.getResponseCode(HttpsURLConnectionOldImpl.java:288)

        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(HTTPSampler.java:222)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:433)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.followRedirects(HTTPSamplerBase.java:871)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.resultProcessing(HTTPSamplerBase.java:934)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:474)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:658)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:647)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(InputRecord.java:284)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(InputRecord.java:319)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:720)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:677)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read(AppInputStream.java:75)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:606)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:554)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:571)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:936)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderField(HttpURLConnection.java:1866)
        at java.net.URLConnection.getContentEncoding(URLConnection.java:490)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionOldImpl.getContentEncoding(HttpsURLConnectionOldImpl.java:356)

        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(HTTPSampler.java:213)
        ... 8 more

Re: JMeter Connection Reset- With High load

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 22/09/06, tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using JMeter 2.2 to load test uPortal 2.5.1.
>
> We got CAS server+ two uPortal instances with apache and tomcat+also got
> front Load balancer with SSL accelarators. which is a seperate machine sits
> in front.
>
> We are running three JMeter machines against the load balancer which is the
> front machine. The test covers from CAS login to the uPortal Logout.
>
> Everything works allright with the normal load.
>
> When we run the JMeter with Higher load it gives the following exception.
> Can somebody point it out any suspectable areas which we should look into.
> What causes this following exception to happen? Any JMeter property setting
> which needs to be done?
>
> java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Looks like the server may have disconnected JMeter.

Check the server logs for any errors.

Re: JMeter Connection Reset- With High load

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/09/06, tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> There is no server error, it only shows in the JMeter console, This happens
> randomly.
>
> What is meant by this error?
>
> Sometimes I have seens in Apache logs , MaxClients Exceeded is it something
> to do with this.

Probably

> Is there any Apache setting we need to do.?

Probably, check the Apache documentation.

Posted by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com>.