Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jer Kah <je...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/04 16:27:16 UTC

can't find Contrib library

This is weird and I don't understand it...

The Tapestry app I'm making works fine on my machine.  I can port it
over to the staging server as it's own app  (i.e.
tomcat/webapps/myApp ) and it works fine.  But then when I integrate
it within another project, everything works fine until I get to a page
using the Contrib library.  When that happens, I get "Library
'contrib' not found in application namespace."
I have it in my .application file as
    <library id="contrib" specification-path=
"/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>

Any ideas why this is happening?

Re: can't find Contrib library

Posted by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <da...@gmail.com>.
Ryan Owens wrote:
> Does the .application file's name match the new applications servlet-name?
>
> Compare the web.xml from the new project to the one in your standalone app.
> The name of the tapestry servlet must match the name of the
> ..application file
That is one way of doing it.
You can also create (/extend) your own servlet and override/include the method:
<snip>
     protected String getApplicationSpecificationPath() {
         return "/configuration/healthdemo.application";
       }
</snip>

In this case you only have to make sure the web.xml file refers to the proper
servlet (yours) and you can use whatever name you like for the .application file.

web.xml:
<snip>
	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>servletName</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>path.to.YourCustomServlet</servlet-class>
		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
	</servlet>
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>sevletName</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/xyz</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>
</snip>

As usual the is more than one road that leads to Rome.

cheers,

Fermin DCG

Posted by Ryan Owens <ry...@infoether.com>.

Posted by Jer Kah <je...@gmail.com>.
"Does the .application file's name match the new applications
servlet-name?"

It does now!   That worked.  Thanks.  I knew I was just overlooking something.