Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Angelo Polo <la...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/27 17:11:54 UTC

Cassandra 4.0-beta1 available on FreeBSD

Cassandra 4.0-beta1 is now available on FreeBSD.

You can find information about the port here:
https://www.freshports.org/databases/cassandra4/

The beta can be installed from an up-to-date ports tree under
databases/cassandra4.

Best,
Angelo

Re: Cassandra 4.0-beta1 available on FreeBSD

Posted by "Miklosovic, Stefan" <St...@netapp.com>.
Great stuff, Lapo!

I was looking into FreeBSD ports few days ago to see what Cassandra version it supports as I have BSDs as a hobby ...

Can't wait until I see 4.1!

BTW I noticed there is quite a lot of patches to make Cassandra run on FreeBSD (1). Would you be maybe interesting in submitting patches for changes you did (when applicable) so you do not need to patch it yourself in your port?

(1) https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/tree/databases/cassandra4/files

Regards

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.