Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Edward Slattery <ed...@googlemail.com> on 2006/05/03 13:49:17 UTC

[axis2c] About windows building

I have taken a snapshot of axis2c last Friday, and spent some time getting
it to build on windows using DevStudio version 6 (which might be herecy, but
there you go).

I have it all compiling without warnings, but have not run any tests on it.
There were somewhere in the region of 290 changes to be made, mostly due to
the picky compiler not wanting to declare variables after a code statement
which exits a method, and newer functions which have not been exposed using
AXIS_DECLARE. These changes would be required by a command line build too I
guess.

I had to alter a few things like the http server which uses option parsing.

Now, I am not clear about the best way forward.

1) Do you folks want to have a devstudio project build at all?
2) If so, whats the cleanest way of me getting the changes to you ?

cheers,
Ed.

Re: [axis2c] About windows building

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed,

Edward Slattery wrote:

> I have taken a snapshot of axis2c last Friday, and spent some time
> getting it to build on windows using DevStudio version 6 (which might
> be herecy, but there you go).
>
> I have it all compiling without warnings, but have not run any tests
> on it. There were somewhere in the region of 290 changes to be made,
> mostly due to the picky compiler not wanting to declare variables
> after a code statement which exits a method, and newer functions which
> have not been exposed using AXIS_DECLARE. These changes would be
> required by a command line build too I guess.
>
> I had to alter a few things like the http server which uses option
> parsing.
>
> Now, I am not clear about the best way forward.
>
> 1) Do you folks want to have a devstudio project build at all?
> 2) If so, whats the cleanest way of me getting the changes to you ?

Please add a Jira issue and send a patch. Currently we have a anjuta
project files under ides/anjuta. Similary  if you have a licensed
version we can put the VC project under ides/dev_studio6.

thanks
damitha