Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Duncan Higgins <dh...@silverplatter.com> on 2001/06/08 13:49:55 UTC

XML Diff tools

Does anyone know of a good open source / open api xml diff tool ? I
would like to use something to integrate with jUnit to show diffs
between the 'expected' xml and 'result' xml generated during unit
testing. I've had a quick look at the alphaWorks xml diff tool, but I
need something that's a little more 'hackable'.

Thanks,

Dunk.

Re: XML Diff tools

Posted by Edwin Goei <ed...@sun.com>.
Duncan Higgins wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good open source / open api xml diff tool ? I
> would like to use something to integrate with jUnit to show diffs
> between the 'expected' xml and 'result' xml generated during unit
> testing. I've had a quick look at the alphaWorks xml diff tool, but I
> need something that's a little more 'hackable'.

I believe there is an xml diff type package that was donated to Apache
as part of Sun's ProjectX.  I don't know much about it, however.  You
can find it in the /xml-contrib repository under crimson, I think.  The
xml-crimson repository is just the parser part of ProjectX that has been
updated to support JAXP 1.1.

-Edwin