Posted to user@hivemall.apache.org by Kangfei Zhao <zk...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/10 10:18:36 UTC

linear algebra operation UDF for HIVE

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are linear algebra UDFs for HIVE, which do numeric
computation on array/vector and matrix? The on line guide mentions those
functions.(
https://hivemall.incubator.apache.org/userguide/misc/generic_funcs.html#vector)
But when I import hivemall 0.5.0 to Hive, I did't find them. (e.g.
vector_add). It seems they are only supported in Spark rather than Hive?

Best,
Kangfei

Department of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
William M. Engineering Building, Rm 801
Tel:3943 8326
Email:kfzhao@se.cuhk.edu.hk <kf...@se.cuhk.edu.hk>;zkf1105@gmail.com

Re: linear algebra operation UDF for HIVE

Posted by Makoto Yui <my...@apache.org>.
Hi Kangfei,

Vector functions imported from Brickhouse is recently merged into master branch.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/commit/49496032498182baa60e5f93a1f3717359909433

So, you need to build from source as follows or wait for the next release.

export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.7`
export JAVA8_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8`
export MAVEN_OPTS=-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
bin/build.sh

Thanks,
Makoto
2018年7月10日(火) 19:18 Kangfei Zhao <zk...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there are linear algebra UDFs for HIVE, which do numeric computation on array/vector and matrix? The on line guide mentions those functions.(https://hivemall.incubator.apache.org/userguide/misc/generic_funcs.html#vector) But when I import hivemall 0.5.0 to Hive, I did't find them. (e.g. vector_add). It seems they are only supported in Spark rather than Hive?
>
> Best,
> Kangfei

> Department of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management
> The Chinese University of Hong Kong
> William M. Engineering Building, Rm 801
> Tel:3943 8326
> Email:kfzhao@se.cuhk.edu.hk;zkf1105@gmail.com