Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christopher R Newman <ch...@alcatel.com> on 2005/06/10 21:10:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Disable LDAP for subdirectory

I have a root directory with LDAP working.  Here's what the directive
looks like:
<Directory "/root">
    Options Includes FollowSymLinks
    AuthName "Description goes here"
    AuthLDAPURL ldaps://blah.blah.blah...
    AuthType Basic
    require valid-user
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

My problem is: I want to disable LDAP for a subdirectory called images
without affecting anything else.  There doesn't seem to be any directive
like 'require none' or .AuthType none' to turn it off for a
subdirectory.  I tried something like below, but the directive above
still prompts for a password.
<Directory "/root/*/pathTo/images">
    Options Includes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Anyone know how to disable LDAP just for this images subdirectory?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Re: [users@httpd] Disable LDAP for subdirectory

Posted by Christopher R Newman <ch...@alcatel.com>.
Oops.  Just found there is an 'AuthLDAPEnabled off' directive, but I
restarted the server and I still have the same problem.  :(

Chris

Christopher R Newman wrote:

> I have a root directory with LDAP working.  Here's what the directive
> looks like:
> <Directory "/root">
>    Options Includes FollowSymLinks
>    AuthName "Description goes here"
>    AuthLDAPURL ldaps://blah.blah.blah...
>    AuthType Basic
>    require valid-user
>    AllowOverride None
>    Order allow,deny
>    Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> My problem is: I want to disable LDAP for a subdirectory called images
> without affecting anything else.  There doesn't seem to be any
> directive like 'require none' or .AuthType none' to turn it off for a
> subdirectory.  I tried something like below, but the directive above
> still prompts for a password.
> <Directory "/root/*/pathTo/images">
>    Options Includes FollowSymLinks
>    AllowOverride None
>    Order allow,deny
>    Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> Anyone know how to disable LDAP just for this images subdirectory?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chris

Chris Newman       Alcatel USA          Work:(919)850-5586
Software Engineer  2301 Sugar Bush Rd.  Fax:(919)850-6160
Test Automation    Raleigh, NC 27601    Christopher.Newman@alcatel.com

Re: [users@httpd] Disable LDAP for subdirectory

Posted by Christopher R Newman <ch...@alcatel.com>.
Didn't even need to use the AuthLDAP enabled directive.  Makes sense now
that I know about it.  Thanks a bunch!

Chris

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 6/10/05, Christopher R Newman <ch...@alcatel.com> wrote:

> My problem is: I want to disable LDAP for a subdirectory called images
> without affecting anything else.  There doesn't seem to be any directive
> like 'require none' or .AuthType none' to turn it off for a
> subdirectory.

Satisfy Any
Allow from all

Joshua.