Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2013/08/05 04:38:14 UTC

Re: [lucy-dev] Travis CI?

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM, David E. Wheeler <da...@justatheory.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, the more testing the better!
>
> +1
>
> I've started by trying to repair our RAT buildbot, which is currently
> malfunctioning.

Sheesh, that was harder than it should have been.  Turns out the weird
behavior was due to differing versions of Ant, and my workaround didn't work
because I hadn't grokked that our rat-excludes file uses Ant fileset syntax.

    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/creadur-dev/201308.mbox/%3CCAAS6%3D7jqPDG8v7%3Dqn0Qc0AkjZ-F4bhyFLn9LgUtDv2JcHsNMSg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Anyway, the RAT buildbot is producing readable output once again.  It's not
passing -- we've got a few files to take care of:

    http://ci.apache.org/projects/lucy/rat-output.html

But that's straightforward enough.

What I'd like to do next is get continuous integration set up for multiple
hosts, and also for running the Clownfish and CFC test suites.  Instead of
managing multiple CI setups, how about one mondo script which runs all
possible congigs in our tree (probing for system capabilities at the start and
cleaning up in between as necessary)?

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [lucy-dev] Travis CI?

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de> wrote:
>> On 05/08/2013 04:38, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>>> Anyway, the RAT buildbot is producing readable output once again.  It's
>>> not passing -- we've got a few files to take care of:
>>>
>>>      http://ci.apache.org/projects/lucy/rat-output.html
>>>
>>> But that's straightforward enough.
>>

>> I added license headers to a couple of files but it seems that the RAT
>> report hasn't been updated for some reason.
>
> Thanks for working on those.
>
> I think the buildslave that runs our RAT report is offline, due to some
> problem with the upgrades that were done as a result of our issue.

The buildslave which runs our RAT buildbot task is back.  I've committed a few
more license headers and master is now passing.

I've also added a new sh script which runs all tests; I hope to switch all of
our CI over to it, including Travis.  Windows testing is still an open
question, though.

    https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucy.git;a=blob;f=devel/bin/test_all.sh;h=60f311b5f96374063606fa4cf4c7e1d514040129;hb=omni-test

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [lucy-dev] Travis CI?

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de> wrote:
> On 05/08/2013 04:38, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, the RAT buildbot is producing readable output once again.  It's
>> not
>> passing -- we've got a few files to take care of:
>>
>>      http://ci.apache.org/projects/lucy/rat-output.html
>>
>> But that's straightforward enough.
>

> I added license headers to a couple of files but it seems that the RAT
> report hasn't been updated for some reason.

Thanks for working on those.

I think the buildslave that runs our RAT report is offline, due to some
problem with the upgrades that were done as a result of our issue.  Gav wrote
in our INFRA Jira:

     http://s.apache.org/M2o

    Both slaves it looks like were using default 1.7.1 ant install rather than
    other available Ant 1.8.[2|3]

    I've since upgraded both default Ant installs to the latest 1.9.x

    Other work needed included a reboot, and so far Portunus (slave2) hasn't
    come back so waiting for that one to return to do a new compare.

    Note also that one slave used rat 0.8-snapshot whilst the other used
    0.9-snapshot. Both will use 0.9

>From IRC:

    creamygoodness: lucy-bot: force build lucy-trunk-rat
    lucy-bot: The build has been queued, I'll give a shout when it starts

The next step would be to thank Gav for the efforts so far and ask him to
either address the downed machine or reassign our builds to another box.  We
might be able to do something ourselves -- both Logan and I seem to have
commit privs on the buildslave area of svn, but I'm not sure how far we're
supposed to go in using it.

I'll work on this task later today.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [lucy-dev] Travis CI?

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On 05/08/2013 04:38, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> Anyway, the RAT buildbot is producing readable output once again.  It's not
> passing -- we've got a few files to take care of:
>
>      http://ci.apache.org/projects/lucy/rat-output.html
>
> But that's straightforward enough.

I added license headers to a couple of files but it seems that the RAT
report hasn't been updated for some reason.

Nick