Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2014/02/04 11:55:41 UTC

[MARKETING] Twitter, LinkedIn, etc

Ashley,

Splitting this off to get back to what we were talking about. :)

On 2 February 2014 17:11, Ashley Parkes <as...@ashleyparkes.com> wrote:
> Sounds awesome!!
>
> Twitter -> Facebook: you first connect it to your main profile, then it gives you the option to reconnect it to a Page you manage. It's weird. From there you can decide whether to post tweets to the FB timeline, etc.
>
> HootSuite: I've heard good things about it too but their free tier doesn't have team integration and limits social media profiles to 5. I'll ask around this week if there's anything comparable floating about.

I've just tweeted at Buffer to ask if they'd be interested donating an
account to us.

https://twitter.com/nslater/status/430655015267872768

I use Buffer for my personal stuff. And it is a nice app. If Buffer
don't want to donate an account, I might be willing to pay for one.

> LinkedIn: I think it would be a good idea to have an official page there too- the groups are great but more for community discussion than for marketing efforts per se. It's probably on the less-urgent end of the scale though.

Ah, okay. Sounds like a good idea. Feel free!

Can you add me as a manager?

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater