Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Klimetschek <al...@mindquarry.com> on 2007/05/10 13:45:52 UTC

[docs] How-to for getting encoding done right

Hi,

I have added a how-to for getting the encoding right in a Cocoon
webapplication using CForms, Ajax and Dojo. It assumes that everything
should be UTF-8. The most important new information is setting dojo to do
Ajax calls in UTF-8. Took me a long time to understand all that and putting
all the pieces together.

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding

I think this is very useful for the Cocoon documentation. The old part of
the wiki page is still there, but it contained lots of comments,
if-you-need-maybe-then stuff and was incomplete, thus not so helpful for
beginners.

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
http://www.mindquarry.com

Re: [docs] How-to for getting encoding done right

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <al...@mindquarry.com>.
Steven Noels schrieb:
> I gave you editor and commit access on Daisy.

Thanks!

I added the document to daisy and also reworked the old stuff (now "Further
information"):

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g3/1367/1366.html

I added it under Getting Better -> How-Tos (the latter is a new node in the
navigation).

There are 2 links to wiki pages with java code (nicely formatted). What to
do with them? Is it possible to integrate them into daisy, separate from the
main text and with some syntax highlighting?

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/SetCharacterEncodingFilter
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/UseCocoonXMLSerializerCode

Alex

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 10 May 2007, at 21:14, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
>> Alex, what's your Daisy username?
>
> alexander.klimetschek

I gave you editor and commit access on Daisy.

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [docs] How-to for getting encoding done right

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <al...@mindquarry.com>.

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Alexander Klimetschek pisze:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>>> I only wonder why you did put docs in wiki instead of Daisy? I
>>> believe that all the tips should be part of our documentation. Is my
>>> assumption wrong anyhow?
>>
>> I cannot edit daisy and find the Wiki easier anyway. Well, copying it
>> over should be easy, if I get write access to it, I can do it.
>
> I'd give you necessary rights if I was administrator.
>
> Can someone give me and Alexander appropriate rights?

Alex, what's your Daisy username? If you haven't a user there, go to
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/registration and create one yourself.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: [docs] How-to for getting encoding done right

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <al...@mindquarry.com>.

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Alexander Klimetschek pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I have added a how-to for getting the encoding right in a Cocoon
> webapplication using CForms, Ajax and Dojo. It assumes that everything
> should be UTF-8. The most important new information is setting dojo to
> do Ajax calls in UTF-8. Took me a long time to understand all that and
> putting all the pieces together.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding
>
> I think this is very useful for the Cocoon documentation. The old part
> of the wiki page is still there, but it contained lots of comments,
> if-you-need-maybe-then stuff and was incomplete, thus not so helpful for
> beginners.

Thanks Alexander for your effort!