Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Trasca Virgil <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/06 18:58:07 UTC

Expose HiveMind services as web-services

Hi all,

    For a project I will have 2 components - a server written in java(this will use hivemind) and a client written in C++ that will access the server with web services. I am totally new to HiveMind so maybe what I will ask is trivial.

What is the simples way to expose the hivemind services as webservices? I am thinking to use Axis for this. So what I need is :

1) Expose the hivemind services as web-services .
2) If this web-services will be declared/exposed in a Java5 annot style even better.
3) If I will make somehow not to be "stuck-ed" with web-services even better. For example if in the future I will decide is better to go with xml-rpc, ideally it should be straightforward to re-deploy with this new way. But this is not so important. Point 1) is the most important one.

Axis is the way to go or there are some better solutions? Are there samples with HiveMind and Axis?

Thank you,
Virgil

Re: Expose HiveMind services as web-services

Posted by Pablo Lalloni <pl...@afip.gov.ar>.
I've done a lot of HiveMind services + (XMLRPC | Hessian) using HiveRemoting
but not web-services.

See here http://hivetranse.sourceforge.net/web/quickstart.html#start.remoting

--
Pablo Lalloni