Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Xh <xh...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/07/06 13:21:28 UTC

annoying embedded Derby exception

Hi All!

I have very annoying embedded Derby exception that occurs once in a while:

SQL Exception: Failed to start database 'dataweaver', see the next exception for details.

Usually restart helps and every thing works fine, but this situation is really annoying...

I use Geronimo 1.1, and it's embedded Derby 10, the configuration was simply created with Web wizard - http://127.0.0.1:8080/console/portal/services/services_jdbc

I attach the generated <connector> below

best regards
Lukasz

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>DataWeaverWARDerby</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>org.apache.derby</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>derby</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:version>10.1.3-2</dep:version>
                <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>
                <connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>DataWeaverWARDerby</name>
                    <config-property-setting name="Password"/>
                    <config-property-setting name="LoginTimeout"/>
                    <config-property-setting name="DatabaseName">dataweaver</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="UserName"/>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>10</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>
</connector>

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/

Re: annoying embedded Derby exception

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jul 6, 2007, at 5:09 AM, Johnny Kewl wrote:

> Hi Xh....
> I afraid I dont know anything about Geronimo, currently just
> thinking about using it ;)
> But I do know Derby....
> When I look at this.... which seems to be some kind of JNDI
> datapool...
> I cant see the dB driver anywhere.... in derby there are 2
> One for a shared network.... ie like a conventional server and the
> other one is this.
> org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver   for embedded dB's
>
> Then there also has to be a connection URI, something like this
> jdbc:derby:dataweaver
>
> I'm surprized it actually connects to anything without that info...
> ... anyway what do I know anyway ;)

Johnny,

We're using one of the derby datasources which don't need a URI like
that, instead the different properties are presented separately.
It's wrapped in a J2CA connector implementation.

Xh,

What is supposed to create the database?  Have you tried

                     <config-property-setting
name="CreateDatabase">true</config-property-setting>
?

thanks
david jencks