Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by ah...@inode.at on 2005/06/09 15:53:35 UTC

extending maven-assembly plugin (incl. MNG-266)

Hi,

I would like to propose an extension to <assembly/>:

<dependencySet>
      <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>

      <outputFileNameMapping>
            ${artifactId}.${extension}
      </outputFileNameMapping>

      <FileMode>770</FileMode>
      <lineEndings>crlf</lineEndings>

      <excludes>
             .
             .
             .

<outputFileNameMapping/> would map the filename to the notation given,
in the example above it would strip off the version information (the default
would be ${artifactId}-${version}.${extension} ).

<FileMode/> sets the file permissions to the given value for all files
from this dependencySet.

<lineEndings/> converts the cr's to crlf.

RFC,
Andreas

Re: extending maven-assembly plugin (incl. MNG-266)

Posted by Andreas Hoheneder <ah...@inode.at>.
> I'd make it fileMode for consistency, though, and I'd also allow the
> fileMode and lineEndings to be specified in a fileSet.
>
> I think we can update the details of MNG-266 for this purpose. Are you
> planning to work on it?

Yes, I started chewing through the source, it might need some time till I have
all the bits and pieces together ... (eg. I'm trying to get an
ArtifactHandlerManager but haven't found the clue who provides the Instance).

> ><outputFileNameMapping/> would map the filename to the notation given,
> >in the example above it would strip off the version information (the
> > default would be ${artifactId}-${version}.${extension} ).

Is there a dictionary mapping strings like "${...}" to the actual property?
Especially ${extension} still looks a little bit non intuitive to me (as the
extension does not come from the artifact directly but from the handler
connected to the type of the artifact).

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1.

I'd make it fileMode for consistency, though, and I'd also allow the
fileMode and lineEndings to be specified in a fileSet.

I think we can update the details of MNG-266 for this purpose. Are you
planning to work on it?

Thanks,
Brett