Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerome Benezech <jb...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/10 08:19:51 UTC

banner reserved URL ??

Hi All,

Is the context 'banner' reserved in tomcat 5.5.9 ?
I have a cocoon app running under tomcat and the URL
http://www.domain.com/mycocoonapp/banner is not caught
by the cocoon servlet but by tomcat instead....

If so, are there any other reserved contexts ? Any doc
on that ?

Cheers,
Jerome

Jerome Benezech
jbenezech@yahoo.com

Re: banner reserved URL ??

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Cocoon typically tries to handle all requests so chances are it's
cocoon's fault.  Check your sitemap.xmap files for where it handles the
pattern "**/banner".  Also the cocoon list would be much better at
helping you figure this out.

--David

Re: banner reserved URL ??

Posted by Jerome Benezech <jb...@yahoo.com>.

Re: banner reserved URL ??

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: banner reserved URL ??

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Jerome Benezech wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is the context 'banner' reserved in tomcat 5.5.9 ?

Upgrade! That's *old*, current version is 5.5.23.

> I have a cocoon app running under tomcat and the URL
> http://www.domain.com/mycocoonapp/banner is not caught
> by the cocoon servlet but by tomcat instead....

Tomcat doesn't reserve any URLs.

Sounds like your app or deployment config is screwy.
Check your cocoon servlet mapping.