Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Robert van Loenhout <r....@greenvalley.nl> on 2004/06/16 15:15:17 UTC

OT: Xerces & MSXML

Hi,

sorry for being a bit off-topic, but nobody at the microsoft xml group could help me.

At the server-side I use Xerces and at the browser client I use msxml.
In msxml I try to create attributes that include line feeds. When the attribute is serialized
and send to the server I receive it as:
attribute="line1
line2"

Xerces correctly interprets this the same as:
attribute="line1 line2"

If I make this attribute in Xerces and serialize it I will get:
attribute="line1&#xa;line2"

I want this same functionality in msxml !!!

Does anyone know how I can communicate XML between msxml and Xerces so that line feeds in attributes are preserved?

TIA,
Robert