Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Naaag <na...@btpsoft.com> on 2008/10/29 10:48:43 UTC

selection of data from tag to right side through javascript event handling

Hi All,
 I am a new buddy to java development.
I have been assigned one task that is,
i have fileds in my UI one is   1 ------select group---this is dropdown mwnu
                                        2------- optiontransferselect  box
i have list of values in left side after prepare method is called.
no values in right side.
now if i select group name from select group box,all the devices related to
selected group has to be moved to right side from left side of
optiontransferselect  box.
i have tried , i am not getting proper idea to solve that.

please send me solution to that one.

Re: selection of data from tag to right side through javascript event handling

Posted by Sébastien Domergue <se...@c-s.fr>.
hi,

the optiontransfertselect tag is build to display two select box where
you can move items from one to other. In your example, your left box
does not contain the data to add in your right box (am i right?). So i
think that you can't use a tag out of the box.
In my mind, you could use a selectbox with your group names and add a
javascript on onclick attribute. This javascript will have to add the
items to another box.
If you want to keep the optiontransfertselect tag, i think you should
add also a javascript in order to manipulate the groups. You can also
suscribe to the event that is raised when you clic on the arrow to move
items.

regards

Sébastien