Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Tomislav Stojcevich <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/26 14:14:58 UTC

Upgrading to beta3 data tool instructions clarification

In the instructions for upgrading from beta2 to beta3 at
http://maven.apache.org/continuum/guides/mini/guide-data-management.html
the last line reads:

NEXT_VAL values in SEQUENCE_TABLE must be checked before restarting continuum

What does that mean, how do we check it and how do we know if it is
correct or not?

--
tom

Re: Upgrading to beta3 data tool instructions clarification

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
hehe, I was sure we'd have some questions about it ;)

Normally, the SEQUENCE_TABLE is ok but in some case values are wrong. Before to start Continuum for the first time, you connect to the db with a client like Squirrel SQL and you check values in
NEXT_VAL column. Values must be greater than the max id value in each table.

For exemple, the next val of "org.apache.maven.continuum.model.Project" must be greater than the greasted id in Project table

Emmanuel