Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/01/04 14:46:03 UTC

[s2] Time for Struts 2.1.x ? (was Re: [proposal] Tag reorganization)

I'd be happy to roll Struts 2.0.3 as soon as there's a new XWork 2.

Then perhaps we should dub the head 2.1.x for the Ajax tag
reorganization, since there will be backward compatibility concerns.
If we need any more releases in the Struts 2.0.x series, we can always
2.0.3/2.0.x, but they are mainly feature requests that could be rolled
over to 2.1.0/2.1.x.

I do wonder if we should bring up Don's Java template plugin from the
sandbox, and utilize Bob's improved ValueStack, to see if S2
performance with the *simple* theme might be in the same ballpark with
S1, apples to apples.

Obviously, S2/WW2 does perform well enough in production: witness
Confluence and Jive. But, we need to recognize that the bloggers will
be all over the benchmark numbers, and we might want to be proactive.

-Ted.

Re: [s2] Time for Struts 2.1.x ? (was Re: [proposal] Tag reorganization)

Posted by Tom Schneider <sc...@gmail.com>.
Don't forget about this:
http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=52734&tstart=0&start=15
Still a work in progress, but theoretically this will allow us to plug
in MVEL. (Or anything else for that matter)
Tom

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
A user found a pretty big bug in XWork 2 that will need to be fixed
before it can go final.  I'm working on it now and should hopefully be
done with it in the next few days.  I think for this release Rainer will
use the Struts 2-style release process so we could upgrade the quality
if we are happy with it after the release.

Afterwards, I think branching for 2.1.x is a good idea and I agree with
the feature set.

Don