Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Juan Pablo Daniel <jp...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/01 23:20:57 UTC

ATS 5 on Debian

Hi!
Anyone making .debs for ATS 5.0.0 ?

Regards,
Juan Pablo.

Re: ATS 5 on Debian

Posted by Juan Pablo Daniel <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi again!
I'm trying to use the backport ;) ;) but I need the ats cpp api , do you
think its possible to compile it and create a new (extra) deb for it?
so i can install trafficserver and trafficserver-libcpp or something ?

If I can contribute to anything here I'll do my best.

Thanks you.

Saludos,
Juan Pablo.

Re: ATS 5 on Debian

Posted by Arno Töll <ar...@debian.org>.
Hi,

Re: ATS 5 on Debian

Posted by Jean Baptiste Favre <we...@jbfavre.org>.
Hello Arno,

I run Trafficserver on Wheezy. For that I needed to backport it.
I didn't saw Trafficserver 5.0 hit sid. I'll have a look.

About contribution, I'm still learning packaging and did not want to
bother you with stupid question. I'm currently working with a Debian Dev
to be able to provide some little packages and contribute efficiently to
Debian.

That said, I would be very happy to help Debian maintainers (I know you
maintain trafficserver).

I can assure you I did not meant to offend anyone, nor keeping my work
on my side only.

Maybe we should continue this conversation in private without disturbing
ATS dev mailing ?

Regards,
Jean Baptiste Favre

Re: ATS 5 on Debian

Posted by Arno Töll <ar...@debian.org>.

Re: ATS 5 on Debian

Posted by Jean Baptiste Favre <we...@jbfavre.org>.
Hello Juan,
Sorry to be late, had hard times theses days.

Anyway, you will find TrafficServer 5.0 debian build repo here:
https://github.com/jbfavre/trafficserver/tree/ats50

I started from official Debian package (trafficserver 4.2 from sid) and
added some modification when needed.

Do not hesitate to report any issue.

Regards,
Jean Baptiste Favre