Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com> on 2011/04/25 10:28:15 UTC

Encoding problems

Hello!

I have begun testing of T4 and I have managed to get our site running.
However, I had to do some fixes.

In the class Turbine there is a private attribute inputEncoding. This
variable is never set and is always null. Therefore I get a "Horrible
Exception" that says charsetName if the character encoding is not set in the
request (which it is not in my case).

In turbine 2.3 this variable is set in the configure method. Is there a
reason that this option is removed? To get turbine running I had to do a
local build where inputEncoding was set to "UTF-8".

/Ludwig

Re: Encoding problems

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 25.04.11 10:28, Ludwig Magnusson wrote:
> I have begun testing of T4 and I have managed to get our site running.
> However, I had to do some fixes.

This is not unexpected.

> In the class Turbine there is a private attribute inputEncoding. This
> variable is never set and is always null. Therefore I get a "Horrible
> Exception" that says charsetName if the character encoding is not set in the
> request (which it is not in my case).
>
> In turbine 2.3 this variable is set in the configure method. Is there a
> reason that this option is removed? To get turbine running I had to do a
> local build where inputEncoding was set to "UTF-8".

No, no reason at all. This is probably one of the things that slipped
through when merging the T2.3- with the T2.4-code to get a current
trunk. You can probably copy the code from the 2.3-branch. Is there
supposed to be a unit test for that?

Bye, Thomas.

PS: I will try to do some real life testing myself. I expect to find
some more of these "special features".