Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de> on 2003/09/27 01:07:11 UTC

Re: Cocoon limitation ?

jonathan wong wrote:

> Dear All ,
>
>  Hello ! I am a beginner of Cocoon . I want to know
> are there any "limitation" of Cocoon for Excel
> generation in this moment ? I know JFreeReport and
> Jesper only allow 50k per file . Thank you !

Of what limitation do you think? Both Cocoon and POI are under the
Apache umbrella and open source, so there will never be a 50k
restriction. The only problem can be implementation restrictions, i.e.
something that is not implemented yet, so for example the printing
options are not yet configurable within the document, the user has to do
it in his application.

Joerg

Re: The Problem of Cocoon sample webapp

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
Sorry for the inconvenience, it was my fault. Some weeks ago I applied a
patch for fixing the formula handling, but have not adapted the date
sample. It seems that I have not checked the samples at this time. Now
the samples do work for me again.

It's in the CVS if you can't wait. Otherwise there will be a release
(Cocoon 2.1.2) on wednesday.

Regards,

Joerg

Posted by jonathan wong <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Dear All ,

[...]

(Wong Yat Sing)
Jonathan Studio
M.P (852) - 91235947
NetMeeting : jonathan78wong@msn.com
ICQ# 57646152

Re: Xalan in incremental processing mode ?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
Hello Jonathan,

jonathan wong wrote:
> Dear All ,
>
>  Hello ! Thank you for your nice help . I install
> Cocoon 2.1 now . However , there are some problems :
>
> 1. In the sample of date functionality demostration
> (http://localhost:8082/cocoon/samples/poi/welcome) ,
> Cocoon said : org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
> Failed to execute pipeline.:
> org.apache.cocoon.CascadingIOException: Invalid value
> for a numberic cell: =now(): java.text.ParseException:
> Unparseable number: "=now()"
>
>  Also , I think Cocoon 2.1 can't read "if" formula but
> Cocoon 2 can (I just copy the sample "test-math.xml"
> from Cocoon 2.0.4 demo webapp.

I have some of the old 2.0 samples moved to 2.1 and activated at least
the alignment and the date sample. You can find them in the samples
section delivered with Cocoon 2.1 and they should work - at least they
did for me.

>  Are there any configurations Should I have ? Thank
> you!

Not that I'm aware of.

Joerg

Re: Xalan in incremental processing mode ?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Hi Jonathan:

If you are starting, You can use a newer version. The lastest us Cocoon
2.1.1.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

jonathan wong dijo:

new question = create new email (was Re: Xalan in incremental processing mode ?)

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Hi Jonathan,

When posting to a mailing list : please do not pick a random message
from the list , erase the subject and post your question. Most mailers
will still identify this message as belonging to the parent thread, this
confuses things.
This thread is particularly bad, as you started a "cocoon limitation"
and "Xalan incremental processing" thread, while Eduardo Santilli
started his lenya thread in between, all within the "flowscript problem"
parent thread.

it's just part of the mailing list etiquette (and likely to get you more
answers!)

Thanks
Jorg