Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by John Fallows <jo...@kaazing.com> on 2011/07/02 05:12:33 UTC

GacUtility and PATH

Devs,

In one of the recent releases a lot of work was done on the plugins to
ensure that the environment PATH did not need to be set in order to locate
various utilities such as csc.exe, etc, so I don't have them on my path any
more to avoid unanticipated side effects.

However, it seems that the VisualStudio ProjectImporter Engine project fails
to build due to an exception in GacUtility when it is unable to locate
gacutil.exe because it is not on the path.

Is the PATH requirement for gacutil.exe intentional?

tc,
-john.
--
>|< Kaazing Corporation >|<
John Fallows | CTO | +1.650.960.8148
444 Castro St, Suite 1100 | Mountain View, CA 94041, USA

Re: GacUtility and PATH

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Missed this, sorry - yes I've seen the same here and removing gacutil from the build side is important for the portability aspect. I'm not sure if it is needed for NPanday.Plugin to operate correctly or not - I haven't had a chance to figure that out. That's separate from the way it is being used in the project importer, however.

- Brett

Re: GacUtility and PATH

Posted by John Fallows <jo...@kaazing.com>.
Yep, I have to run as Administrator on Windows for the same reason.

John

Re: GacUtility and PATH

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,