Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net> on 2019/05/16 07:41:40 UTC

Ansible 2.8: CloudStack related changes

Hi all

As announced previously in autumn 2018, I am ending my active
maintenance for the CloudStack Ansible integration with the 2.8 release.

It started as PoC during a weekend at a Swiss Linux hackers event
"Turrican Days" in autumn 2014 and turned into "thing" I have spent many
nights with. Take care of it.

The modules are in best conditions: Cloudstack is one of a few Ansible
integrations without any failing sanity checks. Special thanks goes to
David Passante who brought all the docs in shape!

We have automated integration tests based on a simulator docker setup
[1] currently running Cloudstack 4.11.2. The integration test code
coverage [2] is at >85%.

There are currently (only) 2 more members in the CloudStack team [3] in
Ansible.

Thanks again for all the support and appreciation I have received over
the years.

Ansible v2.8.0 is going to be released with the following, CloudStack
related changes, thanks for all the contributors:

David Passante (18):
      Cloudstack: fix support for some VPC service capabilities (#45727)
      cs_account: Implement role parameter support (#46166)
      cs_account: add ability to bind accounts to LDAP (#46219)
      Cloudstack: New module cs_vlan_ip_range (#51597)
      cloudstack: streamline modules doc (#52509)
      cloudstack: streamline modules doc (part 2) (#52730)
      cloudstack: streamline modules doc (part 3) (#53412)
      cs_iso: fix missing param "is_public" (#53740)
      cs_network_offering: Add choice list for supported_services in
arg_spec (#53901)
      cloudstack: streamline modules doc (part 4) (#53874)
      cs_volume: add volumes extraction and upload features (#54111)
      cs_instance_facts: add a "nic" fact to return VM networking
information (#54337)
      cs_service_offering: update params in arg spec and documentation
(#54511)
      cs_network_offering: add a for_vpc parameter (#54551)
      cloudstack: streamline modules doc (part 5) (#54523)
      cs_service_offering: Implement customizable compute offers (#54597)
      cloudstack: streamline modules doc (part 6) (#54641)
      cs_vlan_ip_range: Update return values documentation (#54677)

Gregor Riepl (1):
      Cloudstack: Add password reset module (#47931)

Patryk D. Cichy (5):
      Add new Cloudstack module cs_image_store (#53617)
      Add new CloudStack module cs_physical_network (#54098)
      Add a new CloudStack module - cs_traffic_type (#54451)
      Enable adding VLAN IP ranges for Physical Networks (#54576)
      Proper handling of lower case name for InternalLbVm Service
Provider (#55087)

Rene Moser (13):
      cs_loadbalancer_rule_member: fix error handling (#46012)
      cs_instance: fix host migration without volume (#46115)
      cs_instance: doc: fix typo in examples (#46035)
      cs_staticnat: fix sanity (#46037)
      cs_ip_address: use query_api, fixes error handling (#46034)
      cs_resourcelimit: use query_api for error handling (#46036)
      cs_ip_address: fix vpc and network mutually exclusive (#47846)
      cs_network_acl_rule: fix doc and sanity (#47835)
      cs_template: fix KeyError on state=extracted (#48675)
      cs_instance: fix typos in defaults for ip/ip6_ipaddress (#49064)
      cs_physical_network: use name as param for network (#54602)
      cloudstack: fix E326 (#54657)

This will be my last announcement and I most probably leaving the
cloudstack mailing lists in the next couple of days.

Best wishes
René

[1] https://github.com/ansible/cloudstack-test-container
[2]
https://codecov.io/gh/ansible/ansible/tree/devel/lib/ansible/modules/cloud/cloudstack
[3]
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/0e0735f10ecb64634a4a1c9ac78a36743295417d/.github/BOTMETA.yml#L1471

Re: Ansible 2.8: CloudStack related changes

Posted by Ian Rae <ir...@cloudops.com>.
Huge props René!

Ian Rae
CEO | PDG
c: 514.944.4008

CloudOps | Cloud Platform and Networking Solutions
www.cloudops.com | 423 Saint-Nicolas | Montreal | Canada

Posted by Ian Rae <ir...@cloudops.com>.
Huge props René!

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
Sorry to hear that Rene - thanks for your massive contributions over the years and good luck for the future

Kind regards
Giles

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Posted by "Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT)" <Gr...@swisstxt.ch>.
Thanks René for all your hard work and the good times we had when we worked on the same team.

I'll still be sticking around, but likely won't be as involved and active as René was.

There's too many other things needing my attention. ;)

________________________________

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks René for your contributions, I wish you good luck for future.

Regards.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: Ansible 2.8: CloudStack related changes

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Thanks  René  !

-Wei

Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net> 于2019年5月16日周四 上午9:41写道: