Posted to users@camel.apache.org by moerty <mo...@seznam.cz> on 2014/06/17 12:39:17 UTC

Simple message header.XXX and exchange property.XXX the same?

Hi,
I have probably found a bug in Simple language evaluator. First let's have a
Camel message and with a new exchange property called KEY with some random
value such as 12345. Then in my Camel spring route I have this kind of
expression inside <choice><when> etc.

<simple>${property.KEY} == 12345</simple>

and this kind of a expression

<simple>${header.KEY} == 12345</simple>

Now, from what I have understood so far is that 1. expression should
evaluate as true since at the beginning I set up the exchange property and
2. expression as false as it wants to access IN message header in the
exchange. But actually this is not happening as both expressions are in fact
returning true.

I have checked the message headers and exchange properties and the KEY is
set only in the property, so ${header.KEY} is for some reason accessing also
the exchange property.

Currently I am using 2.12.0 and the question is whether is this desired
behavior or a bug?

Re: Simple message header.XXX and exchange property.XXX the same?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM, moerty <mo...@seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have probably found a bug in Simple language evaluator. First let's have a
> Camel message and with a new exchange property called KEY with some random
> value such as 12345. Then in my Camel spring route I have this kind of
> expression inside <choice><when> etc.
>
> <simple>${property.KEY} == 12345</simple>
>
> and this kind of a expression
>
> <simple>${header.KEY} == 12345</simple>
>
> Now, from what I have understood so far is that 1. expression should
> evaluate as true since at the beginning I set up the exchange property and
> 2. expression as false as it wants to access IN message header in the
> exchange. But actually this is not happening as both expressions are in fact
> returning true.
>
> I have checked the message headers and exchange properties and the KEY is
> set only in the property, so ${header.KEY} is for some reason accessing also
> the exchange property.
>
> Currently I am using 2.12.0 and the question is whether is this desired
> behavior or a bug?

This is working as Camel was designed with the header/property
expressions in the DSL.
A header lookup will fallback as property.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus