Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kiran Singh <ki...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/19 10:08:05 UTC

Getting issue with offset commit

Hi

Initially we are using 8.2  Kafka client and server and things are working
fines. Now Kafka server is upgraded to 10.0 and we getting an issue with
offset commit.
*Now Kafka setup looks like:*
Kafka client : 8.2 version
Kafka server: 10.2 version
we are using manual offset commit and we are storing offset on Kafka.

*Issue:* Last message read by consumer let say offset 10 and after
processing it commit. After some interval of time (30-60 min) due to some
reason re-balancing happened consumer will reading same offset again i.e.
10.

There is no change at Kafka client side, same thing is working with old
setup but after upgrading Kafka server we are facing this issue. So is
there any setting at Kafka client side that i need to do which solve this
problem.
Thanks
Kiran Singh