Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christopher Yates <CA...@co.stark.oh.us> on 2005/03/07 19:23:53 UTC

Page caching?

Hello, I have a menu component that uses heavy javascript/dhtml.  So I
have to use DirectService to build a url to the page containing the menu
which implements IDirect.

In the trigger, I have the following:

public void trigger(IRequestCycle cycle) {
  Object[] params = cycle.getServiceParameters();
  String page = (String)params[0];
  if (page.equals("Update")) {
   UpdateTaxpayer ut =
(UpdateTaxpayer)cycle.getPage("UpdateTaxpayer");
   ut.setCompany(getCompany());
   cycle.activate(ut);
  }
 }

The problem is that after the first time I click the link it will load
what seems like a cached page of the original page load.  I'm obviously
updating the company object with ut.setCompany however all the data on
the pages matches the old company.  The only way to get the new data is
to click Refresh.

Any ideas on how to stop this from happening?  Thanks.

-
Chris Yates
Stark County Information Technology
330-451-7432 x4405