Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/15 10:20:58 UTC

Sorting a csv file

How to sort a csv file
I know , between map and reduce shuffle and sort is taking place.
But how do i sort each column in a csv file?

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B
Junior Developer

http://www.unmeshasreeveni.blogspot.in/

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
are we able to sort multiple columns dynamically as the user suggests?
ie user requests to sort col1 and col2
then the user request to sort 3 cols
I am not able to find anyof the stuff through googling

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 4:03 PM, unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>wrote:

> yes i did ..
> But how to make it in decending order?
>
> My current code run in accending order
>
> *public class SortingCsv {*
>  * public static class Map extends Mapper<LongWritable, Text, Text, Text>
> {*
> *    private Text word = new Text();*
> *    private Text one = new Text();*
>
> *    public void map(LongWritable key, Text value, Context context) throws
> IOException, InterruptedException {*
> *     System.out.println("in mapper");*
> *     /**
> *     * sort*
> *     */*
> *     ArrayList<String> ar = new ArrayList<String>(); *
> *     String line = value.toString();*
> *     String[] tokens = null;*
> *     ar.add(line);*
> *     System.out.println("list: "+ar);*
> *     for(int i=0;i<ar.size();i++) {*
> *            tokens=(ar.get(i)).split(",");*
> *            System.out.println("ele: "+ar.get(i));*
> *            System.out.println("token: "+tokens[1]); //change according
> to user input*
> *            word.set(tokens[1]);*
> *            one.set(ar.get(i));*
> *            context.write(word, one);*
> *         }*
> *    }*
> * } *
> * public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {*
> * System.out.println("in main");*
> *    Configuration conf = new Configuration();*
>
> *        Job job = new Job(conf, "wordcount");*
> *        job.setJarByClass(SortingCsv.class);*
> *        //Path intermediateInfo = new Path("out");*
> *    job.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);*
> *    job.setOutputValueClass(Text.class);*
>
> *    job.setMapperClass(Map.class);*
> *    FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);*
>
>  * /* Delete the files if any in the output path */*
>
>  * if (fs.exists(new Path(args[1])))*
> * fs.delete(new Path(args[1]), true);*
>

> *    job.setInputFormatClass(TextInputFormat.class);*
> *    job.setOutputFormatClass(TextOutputFormat.class);*
>
> *    FileInputFormat.addInputPath(job, new Path(args[0]));*
> *    FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job, new Path(args[1]));*
>
> *    job.waitForCompletion(true);*
> * }*
>

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM, unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for ur reply Ramya
>> ok :) .so should i need to transpose the entire .csv file inorder to get
>> the entire col 2 data?
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Ramya S <ra...@suntecgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Try to keep col2 values as  map output key  and map output value as the
>>> total values " b,a,v "
>>>

>>> Regards...
>>> Ramya.S
>>>

>>> ________________________________

>>> a,c,p
>>> d,a,z
>>> q,z,a
>>> r,a,b
>>>
>>> b,a,v
>>> d,a,z
>>> r,a,b
>>>
>>> a,c,p
>>>
>>> q,z,a
>>>
>>> How do i approch to that.
>>>
>>> I my current implementation i am getting
>>> result as
>>> a,c,p
>>> b,a,v
>>> d,a,z
>>> q,z,a

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> *    FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);*
>
>  * /* Delete the files if any in the output path */*
>
>  * if (fs.exists(new Path(args[1])))*
> * fs.delete(new Path(args[1]), true);*
>

> *    job.setInputFormatClass(TextInputFormat.class);*
> *    job.setOutputFormatClass(TextOutputFormat.class);*
>
> *    FileInputFormat.addInputPath(job, new Path(args[0]));*
> *    FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job, new Path(args[1]));*
>
> *    job.waitForCompletion(true);*
> * }*
>

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM, unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for ur reply Ramya
>> ok :) .so should i need to transpose the entire .csv file inorder to get
>> the entire col 2 data?
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Ramya S <ra...@suntecgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Try to keep col2 values as  map output key  and map output value as the

>>> a,c,p
>>> d,a,z
>>> q,z,a
>>> r,a,b
>>>
>>> b,a,v
>>> d,a,z
>>> r,a,b
>>>
>>> a,c,p
>>>
>>> q,z,a
>>>
>>> How do i approch to that.
>>>
>>> I my current implementation i am getting
>>> result as
>>> a,c,p
>>> b,a,v
>>> d,a,z
>>> q,z,a

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> *    FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);*
>
>  * /* Delete the files if any in the output path */*
>
>  * if (fs.exists(new Path(args[1])))*
> * fs.delete(new Path(args[1]), true);*
>

> *    job.setInputFormatClass(TextInputFormat.class);*
> *    job.setOutputFormatClass(TextOutputFormat.class);*
>
> *    FileInputFormat.addInputPath(job, new Path(args[0]));*
> *    FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job, new Path(args[1]));*
>
> *    job.waitForCompletion(true);*
> * }*
>

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM, unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for ur reply Ramya
>> ok :) .so should i need to transpose the entire .csv file inorder to get
>> the entire col 2 data?
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Ramya S <ra...@suntecgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Try to keep col2 values as  map output key  and map output value as the

>>> a,c,p
>>> d,a,z
>>> q,z,a
>>> r,a,b
>>>
>>> b,a,v
>>> d,a,z
>>> r,a,b
>>>
>>> a,c,p
>>>
>>> q,z,a
>>>
>>> How do i approch to that.
>>>
>>> I my current implementation i am getting
>>> result as
>>> a,c,p
>>> b,a,v
>>> d,a,z
>>> q,z,a

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> *    FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);*
>
>  * /* Delete the files if any in the output path */*
>
>  * if (fs.exists(new Path(args[1])))*
> * fs.delete(new Path(args[1]), true);*
>

> *    job.setInputFormatClass(TextInputFormat.class);*
> *    job.setOutputFormatClass(TextOutputFormat.class);*
>
> *    FileInputFormat.addInputPath(job, new Path(args[0]));*
> *    FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job, new Path(args[1]));*
>
> *    job.waitForCompletion(true);*
> * }*
>

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM, unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for ur reply Ramya
>> ok :) .so should i need to transpose the entire .csv file inorder to get
>> the entire col 2 data?
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Ramya S <ra...@suntecgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Try to keep col2 values as  map output key  and map output value as the

>>> a,c,p
>>> d,a,z
>>> q,z,a
>>> r,a,b
>>>
>>> b,a,v
>>> d,a,z
>>> r,a,b
>>>
>>> a,c,p
>>>
>>> q,z,a
>>>
>>> How do i approch to that.
>>>
>>> I my current implementation i am getting
>>> result as
>>> a,c,p
>>> b,a,v
>>> d,a,z
>>> q,z,a

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
yes i did ..

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
yes i did ..

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
yes i did ..

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
yes i did ..

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for ur reply Ramya

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for ur reply Ramya

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for ur reply Ramya

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for ur reply Ramya

RE: Sorting a csv file

	I did a map only job for sorting a txt file by editing wordcount program.
	I only need the key .
	How to set value to null.

	public class SortingCsv {
	public static class Map extends Mapper<LongWritable, Text, Text, IntWritable> {

RE: Sorting a csv file

RE: Sorting a csv file

RE: Sorting a csv file

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ramya.s

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ramya.s

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ramya.s

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ramya.s

RE: Sorting a csv file

RE: Sorting a csv file

RE: Sorting a csv file

RE: Sorting a csv file

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
I did a map only job for sorting a txt file by editing wordcount program.
I only need the key .
How to set value to null.

*public class SortingCsv {*
 * public static class Map extends Mapper<LongWritable, Text, Text,
IntWritable> {*
*    private final static IntWritable one = new IntWritable(1);*
*    private Text word = new Text();*

*    public void map(LongWritable key, Text value, Context context) throws
IOException, InterruptedException {*
*     System.out.println("in mapper");*
*        String line = value.toString();*
*        StringTokenizer tokenizer = new StringTokenizer(line);*
*        while (tokenizer.hasMoreTokens()) {*
*            word.set(tokenizer.nextToken());*
*            context.write(word, one);*
*            System.out.println("sort: "+word);*
*    }*
* } *

Re: Sorting a csv file

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.