Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Qian Wang <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/30 04:47:45 UTC

NullPointerException due to no enough space?

I got this NPE when the disks are full. However, when
I specifically filled the disk and try to reproduce
this NPE, I got a nice exception says " no enough
space on disk". Now I begin to wonder what's really
happened when this NPE occoured.

Here's the stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender.subAppend(WriterAppender.java:139)
	at
org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.subAppend(RollingFileAppender.java:105)
	at
org.apache.log4j.DirectoryRollingFileAppender.subAppend(DirectoryRollingFileAppender.java:96)
	at
org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender.append(WriterAppender.java:55)
	at
org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton.doAppend(AppenderSkeleton.java:221)
	at
org.apache.log4j.helpers.AppenderAttachableImpl.appendLoopOnAppenders(AppenderAttachableImpl.java:57)
	at
org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenders(Category.java:187)
	at
org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:372)
	at org.apache.log4j.Category.info(Category.java:674)
        at somemethod.getLogger().info("message");

 Anyone had the similar experience??

thanks a lot!