Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/04/22 04:17:46 UTC

Re: [James specific] conf/james-assembly.xml and conf/james-config.xml

Hi,

At 02:22  21/4/01 -0700, Harmeet Bedi wrote:
>Could not get james to pick the configuration information from config.xml.
>Added the configuration information in assemly.xml. This seems consistent
>with what cornerstone.
>
>I could understand the intent of separate config.xml and assembly.xml but
>could not get it to work for several hours. Feel free to roll back my
>changes if the alternate is better and works.

I just updated from CVS and it seemed to run without a problem? Could you
make sure that you updated all the CVS files.

As a side note I played around with NNTP and couldn't seem to get it
working properly. I could post to groups and they got into group spool etc.
However when they were listed I got funny mail names and the mail wasn't
read properly (it cam eback blank). There was no exceptions I noticed but I
will have a better look again a bit later on.

BTW it may also be advisable to place the /var/nntp/* hierarchy beneath the
/apps/james directory as I freaked when I ran it and it created directories
in the real /var/ dir ;)

Cheers,

Pete

Re: [James specific] conf/james-assembly.xml and conf/james-config.xml

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 05:12  22/4/01 -0700, Harmeet Bedi wrote:
>I just finished trying NNTP with and without SSL. It seemed to work ok.
>- Is there a way I could reproduce the problem
>- The nntpserver log would contain the list of commands recieved. Maybe
>there is some command called that it not correctly implemented. The last
>NNTP command in the log file could be a good debugging point.
>- What NNTP client are you using.

I was using Pine and I basically set it to retrieve list of groups on news
server (worked), selected a list and posted to it (worked), reload group
and try to read news elements (had the odd malformed news item).

I will go through the logs again when i have a chance and send them to you
if I can't figure it out ;)

Cheers,

Pete

Re: [James specific] conf/james-assembly.xml and conf/james-config.xml

Posted by Harmeet Bedi <hb...@yahoo.com>.