Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/08 21:50:08 UTC

svn forbidden error

Hey all,

 I've configured subversion 1.8.10 from source with the serf configuration
option.

 Everything seemed to go smoothly. But when I try to do a checkout from my
repository I get this error:

[root@aozmpwslp004la ~]# svn co http://$(hostname
-i)/svn/localmedia/applications/elections
svn: E175013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL '
http://xx.xx.xx.xx/svn/localmedia/applications/elections'
svn: E175013: Access to '/svn/localmedia/applications/elections' forbidden

In my apache configuration I have the following entry:

<Directory /var/www/svn>
   Options +Indexes
   AllowOverride All
   Order allow,deny
   Allow From all
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Web SVN Browser"
   AuthUserFile /var/www/svn/svn-auth-file
   AuthzSVNAccessFile /var/www/svn/accessfile
   Require valid-user
  </Directory>

  Alias /svn /var/www/svn

And this is what I'm seeing in the apache error logs:

[Thu Jan 08 15:47:27 2015] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] client denied by
server configuration: /var/www/svn/localmedia/applications

Can I get some advice on how I can get past this error?

Thanks
Tim

--
GPG me!!

Re: svn forbidden error

Posted by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com>.
It was actually a Location directive I. Apache. I had to do an Allow from IP address in that block in order to solve the problem.

Thanks for you reply

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Re: svn forbidden error