Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Discovery <wl...@qq.com> on 2017/02/17 09:33:39 UTC

Failed in login ranger admin portal when replacing a class file in ranger admin web war

Hi Ranger Experts,

                    I am trying to modify the ranger source code and try to add a new REST API, I just change one java file, but after I recompile the class and replace it in ranger admin web war package,
it raises below exception when I try to login from ranger admin web page. Could please give me some suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Re: Failed in login ranger admin portal when replacing a class file in ranger admin web war

Posted by Zsombor <gz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

 Without a proper stack trace it's pretty hard to guess, what happened. It
could be because some class or method incompatibility, or your code
throwing some exception, or because your class somehow overrides some URL's
in the REST API.
Instead of patching the war file, you should first build Ranger vanilla,
and after add your patches, rebuild, and test if it's still work. You can
even run it from your IDE.

Regards,
 Zsombor