Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/24 22:45:02 UTC

[VOTE] Jakarta Cactus/JMeter -> testing.apache.org

If you vote +1 and want to be a part of the new Testing project, could
you add your name to the proposal please. I've added my name so that I
can help out with any migrational teething troubles, and to be an ASF
member who is paying attention to the project [the board like to see
some ASF members being aware of each project].

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/TLPCactusAndJMeter

Felipe Leme has volunteered to be chair, though I'll let him add
himself to the wiki page in place of the mysterious XXXX.

So,

[ ] +1
[ ] -1 because...

Hen

RE: [VOTE] Jakarta Cactus/JMeter -> testing.apache.org

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

+0

-Vincent

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
Hi everybody,

It's been more than 2 weeks Hen called this vote and we got almost no
replies.

But we had this same vote a couple of months ago (more precisely, on
January 4th -
http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg07820.html
and http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.cactus.user/6004 ) and
got a lot of +1s, so I understand there was a misunderstanding on Hen's
proposal: he is asking the developers/users to vote for the migration,
independently if the person voting would like to be part of the new PMC
(my guess is that almost nobody voted because they were afraid a vote
would imply a PMC chair :-).

So, please, cast our vote this last time (even it's a +0)...

[]s,

-- Felipe

PS: I'm sending this message to the users list as well...

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
+0 - I'm happy where we are - but I don't object to moving or being on
the new PMC.

By the way, the last para of the resolution says:

"RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Jakarta Cactus
and JMeter subprojects **and** encumbered upon the Apache Jakarta PMC
are hereafter discharged"

** = my emphasis

Should this "and" be present?

S.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
 +1

Re: [RESULT] Jakarta Cactus/JMeter -> testing.apache.org

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/17/06, Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:

> I didn't see a vote from Rahul, but did notice he was on the wiki page.
> Decided that was a good thing - it would have felt pretty bad to have 3
> votes moving it to TLP when I know that the active community is larger
> than that.

<snip/>

Agreed, I'm definitely interested in the space, but it'd be better if
someone more active in Cactus/JMeter ATM was willing to serve as the
tipping point.

-Rahul

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
Hi Hen,

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

> > [x] +1 I am favorable to the move and would like to contribute to the
> new TLP
> > [  ] +1 I am favorable to the move but would not be participating in the
> new TLP
> > [  ] +0 it does not matter to me
> > [  ] -1 I am against it because ....

peter

[RESULT] Jakarta Cactus/JMeter -> testing.apache.org

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
Hi everybody,

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
 +1

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

> Felipe Leme has volunteered to be chair, though I'll let him add
> himself to the wiki page in place of the mysterious XXXX.

Done, thanks...

And just for the record:

Posted by Quasar <qu...@libero.it>.
[ ] +1

Quasar

[RESULT] Jakarta Cactus/JMeter -> testing.apache.org

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.