Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jason Philbrook <jp...@saucer.midcoast.com> on 2006/01/30 15:57:30 UTC

chickenpox q

My .sig below sets off Chickenpox check #23. Can anyone help me find
what it is in my .sig causes that so I can fix it?

Thanks,
Jason

--
/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Internet Access,

Re: chickenpox q

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
Jason Philbrook wrote:
> My .sig below sets off Chickenpox check #23. Can anyone help me find
> what it is in my .sig causes that so I can fix it?

Your ham radio call sign triggers it.

Realistically, don't worry about it. Chickenpox is expected to FP
occasionally. That's why the rules are scored at 0.6 to avoid them
causing problems.

(And anyone hacking the ruleset with higher scores clearly doesn't
understand this ruleset and should stop. Also anyone using this ruleset
with a threshold significantly under 5 should scale back the rule scores
accordingly)

The kind of spam chickenpox is targeting would hit 10-20 of these rules
per message, thus they're really only intended to have an effect when
many of them fire off together.

All of the pox rules are named in the format of J_CHICKENPOX_AB. Where
in this case A=2 and B=3.

The rules are looking for a word that consists of:
A alphabetic letters [a-zA-Z] {A}
Followed by 1 punctuation or certain numeric values
Followed by B alphabetic letters [a-zA-Z]

In your case your call sign is 2 alpha, "1", 3 alpha and matches.