Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by vineeth v <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2012/12/05 12:43:05 UTC

Preparing discovered nodes section not showing all the nodes

Hi,

I’m new to ambari and am trying to setup a hadoop cluster
with one master and 2 nodes. In the
ambari UI during “Node Discovery and Preparation”  first three steps succeeds but in the third step i.e "Preparing discovered nodes: "  and  "Finalizing bootstrapped nodes:" it is discovering only 1 node instead of the 3 nodes. I am attaching the screenshot along with this.

Can anyone help me on this?.

Thanks and Regards,
Vineeth V

Re: Preparing discovered nodes section not showing all the nodes

Posted by vineeth v <vi...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks emelyanov for your reply .

But I'm able to ssh to all nodes using hostname as well as ip . Its resolving the ip as well as hostname while doing forward and reverse name resolution.

Thanks and Regards,
Vineeth V

On 12/05/2012 03:43 PM, vineeth v wrote:

Hi,

>I’m new to ambari and am trying to setup a hadoop cluster with one master and 2 nodes. In the ambari UI during “Node Discovery and Preparation”  first three steps succeeds but in the third step i.e "Preparing discovered nodes: "  and  "Finalizing bootstrapped nodes:" it is discovering only 1 node instead of the 3 nodes. I am attaching the screenshot along with this.
>

>Can anyone help me on this?.
>
>Thanks and Regards,
>Vineeth V

Seems like dns issue. Check forward and reverse name resolution for all hosts in cluster.

Re: Preparing discovered nodes section not showing all the nodes

Posted by Емельянов Борис <em...@post.km.ru>.